Yesterday I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the blogger of Lifebythepages which is a blog that I’ve been following for a few weeks now, I love the posts and to me they are a reminder of the wonders around us and that we aren’t alone in our experiences. I’ve learned so much from reading this blog and I feel like I’ve grown as a person as a result and would like to give special thanks to them for this nomination.
WHAT IS MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 Things About Me
- I love drinking black teas such as Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Jasmine and Oolong, I also love drinking Chai Latte’s. I would drink Coffee but I have no tolerance for it, instead of waking me up, It literally knocks me right out. With that being said, I do love tiramisu.
- When I was small, my mom used to buy me kinder surprise eggs until she stopped. She stopped because she realized that I was melting them under hot water to get to the toys inside. I was melting them so she wouldn’t notice that I wasn’t actually eating the chocolate and I thought it was a smart way to dispose of the evidence. Unfortunately, I’d forget to clean the sink after (I was really young) and she caught on pretty quick.
- I recently overcame my fear of “Cabbage Patch” dolls…..I’ll probably do a post on this at a later date. It’s a long and funny/sad story from my childhood, mostly funny for other people and I can laugh about it now as well.
Answers To Questions
- What is your favourite thing to do when you have some time to yourself?
In my free time, I love to listen to my music collection while reading novels, sketching or playing with friends online on pc or console. Otherwise I’ll binge watch movies and tv shows that I’ve missed out on due to study or work. If it’s a particularly beautiful day, I love to go out.
- If there was any question you could have the answer to, what would it be?
I think my question would be “Will we ever reach a point where everyone can understand everyone else and accept each other’s differences?”
- What is your favourite tv show?
This is a hard question as there are 4 shows I watch and absolutely love equally as my absolute favourite.
Stargate SG1 – Mom loves sci-fi and introduced it to me at a young age. Minus all the space and alien elements it pretty much parallels the real world and the values that we hold as a society.
Monk – aka. The defective detective: love him and he kind of reminds me of a quirky OCD version of Sherlock Holmes
Psych – aka. Fake psychics, real detectives: Sean is like a super lazy, peter pan version of Sherlock and Gus is like Watson if Watson was forced to devote his entire life to each and everyone of sherlock’s whims……
Elementary/Sherlock – essentially the UK and American versions of the same show.
I do watch other kinds of shows too, but these are tied for no.1 for me. As a joke mom and I like to pretend what would happen if you were to lock Sherlock Holmes, Adrian Monk and Sean Spencer in a room together.
- What is your greatest strength?
My learned ability to see the positive in even the worst situations and my willingness to try new things and not immediately judge without all the facts.
- What is your favourite quote and why?
“I am driven by two main philosophies, know more today about the world than I knew yesterday. And lessen the suffering of others. You’d be surprised how far that gets you.” – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
I feel this quote is quintessentially me.
- Grateful Single Mom
- With Love, Leighann
- The Purple Orchid
- Personal Growth Success Blog
- How Useful it is
- Lolly Lifestyle
- Mental Health & Lifestyle Blog
- Helen’s Journey
- The wrongs I must write
- Women’s Frontline Magazine
- A book Nerd Travels
- Devious Frog Blog
- The Godly Chic Diary’s
- A Calmed Heart
- My way to 7a
- Miss Muthee
- What is your top 5 list of countries to visit?
- What’s your special skill?
- (Weird Questions) If you were given the task of designing a probe containing things about humanity to be shot into space, what would you put in the probe?
- If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
- What’s one thing that can always bring a smile to your face?
My best Post
I find it hard to choose a best post as I feel a connection with every post I’ve written and so I’ll choose my most popular post “Fiction“. If you like it, feel free to check out the rest of my blog if you haven’t already.